SEO for Painters: Helpful SEO Tips for Painting Contractors
Running a profitable painting business can be very challenging for small-sized firms and companies. It gets more difficult when your popularity level is low and you restrict your marketing to word-of-mouth advertising only. If you want your business to succeed in today’s time where a large number of people rely on online shopping, online business research, and online reviews, it is quintessential for you to make a strong digital presence. The most effective way to get new leads, build credibility, and earn more revenue is to create a painting business website and optimize it for search engines.
What does SEO mean for painting businesses? Why does your painting business need SEO?
A painting business website simply means you have a legit space and address in the digital world. However, having an updated and search engine optimized (SEO) painting business website means your business is now more searchable, discoverable, and visible in front of people who are searching for painting businesses and painting services.
Not using SEO for your website is like making a home in a place where no one can find you unless you tell them your address. So, if you want people to find your painting business without telling your website address, you essentially need SEO.
Thus, today, we are going to share some tips on SEO for painters that you will find useful for your painting business to make it more appealing among your potential customers and profitable for you.
SEO for Painters: Helpful SEO Tips for Painting Contractors
1. Add Both Your Complete Address and Service Locations
Most painting business websites have incomplete address and inaccurate locations. Painting contractors usually offer their services in the area where they are located and neighboring regions as well. So, they should include both of them correctly.
Add Complete Address:
To make sure that your clients can find you easily, you need to ensure that your website has the complete physical address of your business. You can take it to the next level by adding Google Map with your location pinned on it to help your site visitors and potential clients figure out where your address exactly lies.
Add Service Locations:
To ensure that you get leads from all your service locations, you need to add the name of each location on your website. There are three ways to add all service locations on your website:
- Adding all service locations on your service pages
- Creating one separate webpage named ‘Service Locations’ to mention all service locations and nothing else
- Creating separate web pages with localized content for each service location
While the first two ways are just fine, the third way of adding service locations in your site is more effective because this way your clients get to read about your business in a personalized way.
2. Add Keywords Relevant and Specific to Your Painting Business
When it comes to performing SEO for painters, keywords play a vital role in optimizing a painting website. Keywords are the specific words and phrases that people use to search for businesses and particular information. If you want your website to appear in search results that display in response to people’s searches and queries, you need to incorporate those keywords on your website and its content.
Examples of relevant keywords for painting businesses include:
- Painters near me
- Painting contractors near me
- House painters near me
- Best painting companies in (your city)
- Interior painters in (your city)
- Exterior painters in (your city)
- House painting designs and colors
- Exterior house colors
- Exterior paint ideas
- Exterior house color combinations
These are just a few keywords. When doing SEO for the painting business, you need to create a strong list of keywords that are related to the painting industry and your business. Once you have the list, incorporate those keywords in your content, meta description, URLs, image alt text, headings, and other places in the most sensible and meaningful manner. Readers must not feel like they are reading anything random stuffed with keywords.
3. Create and Optimize Your Profile on Google My Business
When performing local SEO for painters, creating a Google My Business profile becomes the topmost priority. Google My Business helps you to list your business location on Google Maps, Google Search, and other Google services so that people can find your business in local search results. Don’t forget to verify your Business Profile; otherwise, your business won’t be eligible to show up on Google. Add complete information or at least important information, such as your complete business name, valid contact details, your complete business address, your website link, all your services, your service locations, and opening and closing times.
You will enjoy several benefits of local SEO & having a profile on Google My Business. Some of these are:
- A verified and optimized Google My Business profile increases the possibility of showing in the local 3-pack for ‘near me’ searches. This way, you will appear at the top of search results.
- It will allow people to see all the business information they need in one glance.
- It will help improve your local SEO and indirectly help your website rank higher.
- Since you will appear at the top, the chances of people contacting you will increase, which will further help increase the rate of lead conversions and ultimately, increase your profit and revenue.
- It will enhance the reputation and credibility of your painting business among your potential as well as existing consumers.
4. Blogging and Guest Posting
SEO for painters is incomplete without blogging. Blogging is one of the best ways to attract more people to your painting business website and drive traffic. When you are good at providing fresh, relevant, and useful content on your website, people are more likely to consider and follow you. Besides, blogging will also help you boost the ranking of your website on Google and other search engines such as Bing. How?
Search engines want to be sure that they are showing relevant search results to their users. By regularly adding trendy topics and fresh ideas to your website, you have the opportunity to prove to search engines that your painting business is relevant, you have expertise in the painting industry, you have the authority, and you are trustable (E-A-T).
Writing stellar content and posting it on other popular websites (guest posting) will help you leverage the credibility of those websites to expand your targeted audience, get more exposure, strengthen your backlink profile, grow brand awareness, and generate qualified leads.
5. Create your business profile on social media channels
You are already aware of how much time people spend on social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram these days. You can use this opportunity to engage with the outside world and increase your followers. Since building engagement right after profile creation is difficult, you can ask people around you and your customers to follow you on social media.
Post your project photos (after clients’ approval) on social media, share your insights, and let people see how you work and how clients appreciate you. You can work with a design team to show your unique ideas on interior and exterior paintings and how your painting projects have transformed the appearance of your clients’ homes, offices, workshops, and other buildings.
When people get to see your great work on social media, it will help them to better decide if they want to work with you or with some contractor whose work they have not seen. The better engagement you will have, the more you will appear in the feeds of your followers and the more followers you will gain in return.
Make sure that when someone contacts you through your business social media account, you respond as soon as possible. Don’t let them wait for hours. Immediate responses are much appreciated and help you build trust among your followers.
6. Encourage Your Customers to Provide Online Reviews
Online reviews play an important role in building your painting business reputation. No reviews on your profile and website often discourage new customers to contact you as they don’t know how good and professional your services are. Negative reviews do more harm if they are left unaddressed. Do you not believe it? Let’s talk numbers.
According to Statista 2021 Report,
- 94% of people said that positive reviews make them more likely to use a business
- 92% of people admit that negative reviews make them less likely to use a business
- 79% stated that they trust online reviews as much as they trust personal recommendations
Image Source: Statista.com
Online reviews are paramount for your painting business as well. Thus, encourage your customers to give you reviews on Google, website, and social media wherever they are more comfortable. If someone gives you feedback personally in chat, you can post the screenshot and share it will all so that other people will also know that you are good at achieving customer satisfaction. In case, someone gives bad reviews, please respond to it accordingly and resolve their issues whenever possible.
Here is the summary of all tips on SEO for painters we have shared above:
- Focus on adding your physical address and service locations on the website so that people know where you are located and where you offer your services.
- Find what keywords are relevant for your business and use them in your content and website as best as possible to boost the rank of your website for relevant searches and queries.
- Create your Google My Business so that you appear in local searches and people can read all the information in one glance.
- Writer fresh and relevant content on interior and exterior painting ideas so that people look up to your website when they need help, which, in turn, will improve your website trustworthiness, traffic, and ranking.
- Create social media accounts on popular platforms to allow people to see the human side of your business, share what projects you have worked on, share photos of your finished projects, share your reviews, and build customer loyalty.
- Lastly, encourage your customers to give reviews for your services to help potential and new customers make decisions in your favor and build a good reputation in the market.
To become a successful painting contractor in your area, you need to invest more time and effort in making your business more visible and credible. SEO is a highly effective online marketing strategy that you can implement to boost your website ranking and ensure a smooth experience. To achieve the best results, outsource your website development and search engine optimization to professionals who understand the challenges of your painting industry and are well-versed with the techniques that help painting businesses become more visible online.
Latest posts by Vijaya Tyagi (see all)
How to Measure ROI in SEO Using Google Analytics? - September 23, 2021
Instagram Advertising: Tips & Tricks on How to Get More Followers via Instagram Ads - September 15, 2021